Five marks questions from Electronic Devices (Long Answer Type)
- Explain the formation of energy Bands in solids. Distinguish between metals, insulators and semiconductors on the basis of band theory.
- Distinguish between intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors and the conduction in P type and N type semiconductors.
- Explain the formation of depletion region and barrier potential in a pn junction.
- Draw the circuit diagram used to study the Forward and reverse bias characteristics and draw the graph for forward bias and reverse bias.
- Describe the working of a half wave rectifier with the help of a neat labeled diagram and draw the input and output wave forms.
- Describe the working of a full wave rectifier with the help of a neat labelled diagram and draw the input and output wave forms.
- Draw the symbols of npn and pnp transistor. Show the biasing of a transistor and explain transistor action.
- Describe the working of an npn transistor in CE configuration as an amplifier.
- Explain the working of a transistor in CE configuration as oscillator.
- Explain the action of transistor as a switch.
(Have some more idea? Post them as comments)