· Which country has the lowest sex ratio in the world? What is its sex ratio?
· Name the country which has the highest human development index
· Name the country where practically every farmer is a member of a cooperative society
· Which stream of migration is dominated by male migration in India?
Rural to urban
· What is the rank of India in human development index among the countries of the world in 2005?
· What is the meaning of human settlement?
· Which are the two main types of iron ore found in India
· What was the main aim behind establishing border road organisation in India
· Name the biggest sea port of India
· What is the main reason of degradation of the quality of water in India
· State six approaches of human geography
· Explain with examples any three geographical factors which influence the distribution of population in the world.
· Explain three characteristics of modern large scale manufacturing in the world
· Compare the features of rural and urban marketing centres of the world in three points
· Which are the three groups of Indian population according to their economic status? Explain main characteristics of each group
· Why is irrigation necessary in India? Explain any three reasons
· Why is conservation of minerals essential in India? How can we conserve them? Explain in two points.
· State any two major sources of air pollution in India? How is air pollution harmful to human health? Explain
· Define the term transport. Describe any four features of highways of north America.
· Analyse the five bases of international trade
· Explain any five factors which affect the location of rural settlements in the world
· Describe any five major problems of Indian agriculture
· Describe any five features of changing patterns of the composition of India’s import.