Have you been trying to see your website listed on search engines but to no avail? Here are some easy to follow free SEO tips and tricks for which great companies are charging huge amounts. But yo can do it yourselves with a little care. Follow these SEO guidelines and see how your search engine ranking boosts up. (SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization)
- Decide on the keywords for which your website or articles should be listed. There must be a set of keywords for the whole site as well as for each article and there must be good overlap between the keywords fo site as well as the articles.
- Select suitable and descriptive title rich in the keywords chosen by you. Further the title (and heading) must be catchy (attractive). Title should be between 20 and 65 characters long! Title should be between 2 and 20 words long!
- Take care of the length of the article. The content of the article must be closely related to the title and there must be good repetition of keywords chosen for the article. Document should be between 50 and 1000 words long!
- Add images with “alt text”. It’s always a good idea to add suitable images with each article. Each image must be given a alt text which describes the image. This helps to list your site in image search also. It will be better to host images on your own site if you have unlimited bandwidth. If bandwidth is limited, you can host on free image hosts (or paid if you have many).
- Add meta tags (meta description and meta keywords) to your website home page as well for each article. The keywords and description should closely match the content of your website. Please take care to repeat the chosen keyword logically in description and content and highlight them by making them bold or itallic. Description should be between 80 and 155 characters long!. Description should be between 5 and 30 words long!
- Submit your site to popular search engines – especially Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Add newer and relevant articles on regular basis iof you have a blog or news site.
- Connect with social networks and share your links with friends and on your wall on FaceBook, Twitter, orkut etc.
Try these tips and tricks and go to search engines to search for the keywords chosen and see if your site comes on first page.
Please respond to this article with your comments and responses