The results of Class XI is shamefully low since the introduction of CCE in classes up to class X. The CCE ensures pass of every student. It is further emphasized that the student should get admission in the same school. This criteria make the students less responsible and they get good percentage in class X without much knowledge expected of that level.
The students mainly get good grades in formative assessments in which most of the activities are performed in groups. Almost all students of the group are getting almost identical marks and grades. So, even a weak student gets good grades because he is part of the group. These grades scored by him ensures his admission to science group in class XI. Only when the result of Class XI comes he realizes that he is not fit for the science group (or any other group he has chosen).
The teachers of class XI are more worried where the administration wants 100% result out of these students with little aptitude towards the subject. It is high time that the system be reviewed and ensure that only students with aptitude towards science steam come in Science group as well as other streams.
You responses in this regard are welcome. All students and teachers as well as parents are requested to take part in this discussion. Post your views and responses as comments to this post.
- Debate on Efficacy of Cce Heating Up (education2home.com)
- CCE is more burden than earlier evaluation system (education2home.com)
- How was CBSE Science Exam for Class X? (physics.2lv.in)
- Class 10 CBSE Science Summative Assessment II (physics.2lv.in)
- CBSE issues guidelines for standard 11 admissions (cbsephysics.2lv.in)
- CBSE working closely with State for CCE (thehindu.com)
CBSE Science exam was today (20 March 2012).
How was the exam?
Many students reported that the exam was quite easy and could easily score 90% and above.
How was the Science exam for you?
Were there any errors in the question paper?
Were there any question out of syllabus?
Were the diagrams and other questions the expected ones?
Were there any questions beyond comprehension?
You can post the difficult and confusing questions as comments to this post and we’ll discuss the solutions
- Ask The CBSE – March 5, 2012 (thehindu.com)
- Combined exam of AIEEE and AIPMT – Top questions to be answered… (edubrite.com)
Class – XI
Time – 3 Hrs. Marks – 70
General Instructions :
i) All questions are compulsory.
ii) Q. s 1 to 8 carry 1 makes each. Answer them in one word or in about on sentence.
iii) Q. s 9 to 18 carry 2 marks each. Answer these in about 30 words each.
iv) Q. s 19 to 27 carry 3 marks each. Answer these in about 40 words each.
v) Q. s 28 to 30 are long answer questions carrying 5 marks each.
vi) Use long table if necessary, use of calculator is not permitted.
1. Write IUPAC name of the following compound : 1
2. Write down the formula of the monomer of silicone. 1
3. What would be the effect of increasing pressure on the equilibrium. 1
PCl5 (g) = Pcl3 (g) + Cl2 (g) ?
4. What is the oxidation number of oxygen in Na2O2 ? 1
5. What would be the sign of S for the process 2H (g) à H2 (g) ? 1
6. What is compressibility factor of a gas ? 1
7. Configuration of ion M+2 is Is2 2s2 2p5 what is configuration of atom M? 1
8. How many oxygen atoms would be there in 1 mole of H2SO4 ?
b) What is the function of AlCl3 (anhyd) in Friedel Crafts reaction ? 1
10. How N and S are detected when present in an organic compound together ? (Reaction only) 2
Which is the electrophillic centre in CH3Br and why ?
11. Why lithium does not form a superoxide but potassium does ? 2
Why BeSO4 is water soluble but BaSO4 is not ?
12. Balance the following redox feaction by ion 2
Electron method :
Cr2 O7-2 + Fe+2 à Fe+3 + Cr+3 in acidic medium.
13. a) What is the change in internal energy in a process in which 700J of heat is absorbed and 450J of work is done by the system ?
b) Define a spontaneous process in terms of Gibbs energy. 1
14. Show by MO concept which one out of O2 and O2+ would be more stable. 2
Explain all the orbital overlaps in a molecule of ethene (C2H4) by drawing a sutitable diagram.
15. Calculate the mass of (NH4)2 S required to prepare 200 ml of O.1 molar aqueous solution.
(N = 14, H = 1, S = 32)
16. a) Write down the IUPAC name and symbol of the element with at no 119. 1
b) Why Cl has more negative electron gain enthalpy then F in group 17 ? 1
17. Arrange the species : F-, O-2, N-3, Mg + 2, Al + 3 and Na+ in the increasing order of ionic radii and give reason. 2
18. Deduce the structural formula of an alkene which on ozonolysls produces propanal and pentanone – 2. 2
19. a) What is Eutrophication ? 1
b) How can photochemical smog be controlled ? 1
c) Give an example of herbicide. 1
20. a) Why atomic radius of Ga is less then the of Al in group 13 ? 1
b) Why white fumes appear around a bottle of anhydrous AlCl3 ? 1
c) Why Sn+2 is a reducing agent but Pb+2 is not ? 1
21. Determine the percentage of Nitrogen in an organic compound, 0.5g of which on kjeldalisation required 10ml of 1M. H2SO4 for complete neuteralisation of the ammonia produced. 3
What is the percentage of sulphur in an organic compound 0.15g of which on subjecting to carius method of suphur estimation produced 0.5g of BaSO4
(Ba = 137, S = 32, O = 16) ? 3
22. a) Explain the structure of diborane by drawing a suitable diagram. 2
b) Why SiCl4 gets hydrolysed but CCl4 does not ? 1
23. a) Write a reaction by which BeCl2 can be prepared. 1 b) Why solvay process can not be extended to manfacture K2CO3 ? 1
c) Why salts of Be can not be detected by flame test ? 1
24. a) Why hard water does not give lather with soap ? 1
b) Complete the reaction and balance it 1
c) How the presence of H-ions be confirmed in Ionic hydrides 1
would be spontaneous. 3
26. a) Why does the viscosity of a liquid decreases with increase in temp ? 1
B) What is the pressure exerted by 2 mole of a gas enclosed in a 100ml vessel at 270C ? (Given R = 0.0821 lit atm mol-1 K-1) 2
27. a) Why bond angle is NH3 is lower that in CH4 even though the same hybridization is involved in both cases ? 2
b) Why H2O is polar but CO2 is non polar ? 1
28. a) Mention two limitations of Bohr’s Model of atom 2
b) Calculate the wavelength of an electron moving with a kinetic energy of
3×10-25J (mass of electran = 9.8 x 10-31Kg) 3
a) Out at 3d and 4s sub shells which one would have lower
energy and why ? 2
b) What would be the frequency of radiation emitted when an electron moving within a hydrogen atom undergoes transition from fifth to second energy level? 3
29. a) Derive the relationship between kp and kc 3
b) The value of kc for the reaction
2A = B +C is 2 x 10-3. At a given time the composition of reaction mixture is [A] = [B] = [C] = 3 x 10-4 M. In which directions will the reaction proceed? 2
a) Derive the relationship between Ka and α of a weak c molor acid HX. 3
b) Calculate the pH of 0.01 M KOH assuming complete dissociation. 2
30. a) Why wurtz reaction is not considered to be a suitable method for preparing
alkanes with odd no. carbon atoms ?
b) Explain the eclipsed and staggered conformation of ethane by Newman’s projection formula. 1
c) Complete the reaction : 1
CH3 – CH2 – CH = CH2 + HBr à
a) Explain the term β – elimination with an example. 2
b) Draw the Geometrical isomers of but – 2 – ene and explain which one would be polar. 2
c) Complete the reaction :
We will publish here the portions one cannot afford to miss while preparing for the CBSE class 12 Physics Examination
The Chapters will be posted below. On Clicking the name of the chapter a new page will open. On that page there will be a set of collected questions. On clicking the questions, the complete solution to the questions will open.
Please note that this system is under preparation. We hope to complete this within a month. The link will be activated only after completing the project.
- CURRENT ELECTRICITY
- MAGNETIC EFFECTS OF CURRENT
- ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION
- ALTERNATING CURRENT
- ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES
- DUAL NATURE OF MATTER AND RADIATION
- ATOMS AND NUCLEI
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES
- COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Categories: CBSE Physics, Downloads, Model Question Papers, Question Bank Tags: AC, alternating current, atom and nucleus, Boar Exam, CBSE, communication, current electricity, dual nature, electromagnetic induction, electromagnetic waves, electronics, electrostatics, Exam, Important Questions, magnetic effects, nuclear physics, optics, Physics, Physics Help, question bank, Sample Paper